All the simulators in the above three fields, Air conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating with sanitary plants are supplied with a CAI (Computer Aided Instruction) software. It is a student navigator software that allows students to perform their learning activities through a personal computer without the help of any other documentation. It includes many features such as complete theoretical subjects concerning each simulator in HTML language according to the standard world wide web environment, complete practical training guide with questions and answers, fault insertion from PC (or from remote teacher workstation in case of laboratory management software) and troubleshooting. Beside the student navigator software, the final user and in case of a complete and wide laboratory, can integrate the simulators into the network in a classroom; it allows the teacher to manage the activities of all the students inside the laboratory such as assignment of the lesson, monitoring of the activities of each student, direct communication and fault insertion with each student’s workstation, recording of all the students activities in a database and eventually processing of the stored data for future control of the individual or group learning level.
Each panel is supplied complete with a Student Navigator software that allows students to perform their learning activities through a Personal Computer, without the need for any other documentation.
Moreover, the Student Navigator is provided with an interface to the Laboratory Management software DL Lab, to allow the realization of fully integrated training systems, where all the educational tasks are managed and controlled by the Teacher, through his own work station.
• theoretical subjects through PC with hypertextual navigation according to the standard World Wide Web Internet method
• practical training guided through PC, with test questions and computer control of the answers
• fault insertion from PC (or from remote teacher station) and troubleshooting operations with computer control of the answers
• use of the computer as a stand‐ alone workstation or integrated in the computer network of the laboratory
This application allows Teachers a complete management of all the activities inside the Laboratory:
• assignment of the lessons that the students must study
• monitoring of the activities of each student (in/out from the lessons, right or wrong answers, rating, etc.)
• direct communication with each student workstation (sending and receiving messages, fault insertion on the student workstations
• recording of all the students’ activities in a database (Microsoft Access compatible) on the Teacher’s workstation
• processing of the stored data for the control of the individual or group learning level
The DL LAB software offers a simple and effective user interface (similar to Explorer in Windows) that allows teacher to move among students, lessons, faults and results in the same way he is used to explore the computer resources.
• unlimited number of classes (one database for each class)
• unlimited number of students per class
• maximum number of workstations connected at the same time: 256
• 32 bit operating systems
• user interface similar to Windows Explorer
• control of the Students’ access through Username and Password
• assignment of the lessons to study, insertion of the faults, access control
• communication with the students and message exchange
• visualization of every activity performed by the students
• complete list of all the on‐line lessons and faults
• results of each student in the last performed lesson: details relevant to each question, average rating, time
• results of class performance
• export of the results in ASCII format